This website www.sensata.com (the “Site”) is operated by Sensata Technologies, Inc. of 529 Pleasant Street, PO Box 2964, Attleboro MA 02703-0964 USA, also referred to in this Privacy Statement as "we" or "us". References to “Sensata Technologies” in this policy refer to Sensata Technologies, Inc., and its affiliates around the world.
Sensata Technologies is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal information.
Information we may collect from you through the Site
- Your name, address, email address and other contact details;
- Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us; and
- Details of your visit to our Site and the resources that you access.
We may use personal information collected via the Site for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the Site is presented to you in an effective manner;
- To provide you with information that you have requested from us;
- Where you have registered with us, to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing and other materials relating to our services, unless you would prefer us not to do so (see Your Rights below); and
- To consider any recruitment application or curriculum vitae that you submit though the Site.
The legal basis for our use of personal data for the purposes described above will typically include:
- When the processing is necessary to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you;
- Because we have your consent to our use of your personal data; or
- When the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, to ensure that our services are properly provided and to promote our services.
We may also obtain information about your general internet usage through the use of 'cookies' which enable us to make certain parts of the Site easier to use and to improve the Site. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information. When you enter the Site, we may also collect information, where available, about your computer for system administration purposes such as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This information is statistical data about our users' browsing patterns and generally does not individually identify our users.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not share personal information with any third party except where:
- You have consented for us to share your personal information with third parties;
- Our company, or substantially all our company’s assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- To provide anonymous statistical information about users of the Site and related usage information to reputable third parties;
- We are using a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing; or
- Where it is otherwise permitted by applicable law, or where we are required by law to do so.
Where we store your personal information
In order to provide our services and the Site, any personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored by a third party at a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area, including in a country where the law provides less protection for personal information. By continuing to use our services or the Site and by providing any personal information, you are consenting to such transfers, storing or processing of your personal information.
If we transfer personal data to a third party abroad, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisational, contractual or other lawful mechanisms, such as standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Links to third party websites
Data protection legislation in the European Union and UK gives you certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to object to and/or withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict, or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. We will handle any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law, and you can contact us about your rights at any time.
Please note that by continuing to use our services or the Site and by providing any personal information to us offline or via the Site or email addresses provided on the Site, you are consenting to our use of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement. Please do not provide us any personal information if you do not want that information to be used by us in this manner.
Sensata Technologies, Inc.
529 Pleasant Street
PO Box 2964
Attleboro MA 02703-0964
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us (at the email address provided above) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.